5. Snowpiercer – Catherine George
For some exemplary characterizations.
4. Magic in the Moonlight – Sonia Grande
For refusing to go on autopilot and for a score of enchanting garments.
3. Inherent Vice – Mark Bridges
For not only setting the mood for the characters, but also for the comedy. Think about it.
2. Love is Strange – Arjun Bhasin
For such precisely etched work. Another of the year's more underrated achievements.
1. The Grand Budapest Hotel – Milena Canonero
For a universe of colour and emotion that never seems ill suited. From the rich guests to the village peasants, everything has been fastidiously considered.
Runner Up: Mr Turner – Jacqueline Durran
To return to the main awards page, CLICK HERE.